Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Is John Boehner an ostrich or an extraterrestrial?

The Honorable John Boehner
H-204 The Capitol
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-4000
Fax: (202) 225-5117

Dear Congressman Boehner,

You’ve been quoted as saying "I'm still trying to find the first American to talk to who's in favor of the public option, other than a member of Congress or the administration". Assuming that you’ve quoted accurately and you weren’t being facetious you must have your head in the sand. More than 60% of Americans favor a public option and I’m one of them. You will probably never meet me in person as I don’t reside in the Beltway or your home state but I find it hard to believe you haven’t encountered Ohio citizens that favor the public option which leads me to ask as Congressman Barney Frank did, “On what planet do you spend most of your time?”

You should step out of your insular community and actually meet with constituents that don’t agree with you from time to time. You’ll find it an enlightening experience and you’ll be able to get rid of those silly ostrich feathers.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment